The pendulum swings back

I have had maybe three websites, and been a big part of another. Can’t remember the first–when this whole computer thing started it was so important to have a website, and so we all surged forward, with fistfuls of photos and stuff to put on it. Then myspace became the thing, and my website languished–you could still get there, but it was the digital equivalent of a dusty main street with a couple tumbleweeds bouncing through. At one point, I hadn’t been on it for 3 years, let alone anyone else…………..

But now, the pendulum swings back–myspace is out, and here we are, rebuilding our websites and trying to herd someone into the corral for a two-step around the premises. So welcome on back. I’ll try to stay with it this time, with songs, photos, ramblings, anything to make your clickin time worth your while. Have a look around, we’ll be talking. See you soon.

16 Responses to “The pendulum swings back”

1. paul says:

nice site jeff, easy to navigate and sharp looking

2. Amy says:

Looking good bro! Love the album:)

3. Shari says:

I think I’ll jump on the pendulum and ride the ride….
    Planning to be at the Aster on Saturday.

4. Bill says:

Thanks for the Harmon Killewbrew song. Means a lot to all the Twins fans on this sad day. Again THANK YOU

5. Jarrette Mankin says:

Jeff – I was born in Rochester in ’54, moved to Oklahoma City 3 yrs. later (lost my Minnesota accent). Anyway, I came across your Ride The Ride CD in a used music store. One person’s dumb mistake was my fortune and treasure. I love that CD. Especially Harmon Killebrew, who I heard died today on 5/17/11. So sad. I visited the old Met, and saw the Twins play…..back in the day. When I heard the news, I thought of you and your song. I had goose bumps!
    I have Mood Ring and Compass, and plan to get Bomb.

If you’re ever near Oklahoma City, we have a great venue for you, called The Blue Door. Greg Johnson runs the place. I’ll help pack the place for you. You are a real talent, and I really enjoy your music.

• Jeff says:

thanks jarette-i just realized I can reply to these. i’d love to come to oke city! lets do it in the spring. did you get bomb? if not, i’ll send you a copy. have a happy thinaksgiving. JA

• Jarrette Mankin says:

Jeff, here it is, almost the end of 2013, and I just re-visited your site, and you replied and offered a copy of Bomb……Wow! That would be cool to get a copy (signed?). Is that still possible? That would be such an honor. I hope you are doing well, and still playing. If you were ever in the southwest part of the country (Oklahoma/Texas), touring or just getting away from Minnesota, let me know, and I’ll try and get Greg Johnson of the Blue Door to listen to your music, and maybe hook you up for a chance to play. It is a great little venue to play!
        If you can send that cd, you can send it to Jarrette Mankin 1917 Running Branch, Edmond, OK 73013. Thanks again for the reply and for your music!

6. Mickey says:

Just heard you singin’ Harmon. Lots of memories of the bodaya. Always loved that song. So appropriate today and so sad. Really says it all. Thanks and congrats.

7. Marilyn says:

Thank you SO much for the download of Harmon Killebrew! I remember hearing that song on Cities97 and I’m very grateful to have a copy. I remember the few games I got to see at the old Met when I was a kid. Way out in right field baking in the sun, but we didn’t care, we got to BE THERE!
    Thanks again for the memories.

• Jarrette Mankin says:

Ahh, games at the Met. Looked like something out of a tinker toy set, especially compared to the stadiums built today. For some baseball purists, the song…..”Talkin’ Baseball” is THE song. But for me and my house, Harmon Killebrew is the BEST song. There is this poetry that Jeff sings about, those days gone by, when life was not so complicated. And didn’t we kids seek that simplicity in life. I mean, a SF fan getting so beat up at a Dodgers game, that his life hangs in the balance.

Maybe, that’s why Jeff takes us to places where we can escape for just a while, put the top down, and yearn for Sunday afternoons……..

8. Mary says:

Hi Jeff… Love your site. Fun to browse around in here. You need a discography of your albums and hits. One CD not included in other discographies that I’ve seen online is of “Walking in The Dark”. I forgot what year, 1990, perhaps?

Yes, I’m becoming a JA fan for life. Thank you for many hours of music and I’ve only known about you for a couple of months since Billy brought you to his Zumbrota, MN show!

• Jeff says:

Hi Mary! walking in the dark was the first one, in 1989. there aren’t many around! some good songs, though. come see us a the christmas shows! happy thanksgiving………….

9. Dillon says:

Jeff,

I hope this is not too out of place for you blog comments but I was not sure how to contact you. I have been listening to one of your songs for probably a decade and it has become one of my favorites. However, much to my shame, I have no idea what it is about. I have my theories but I wanted to ask you about it. I am a music teacher and I sometimes use “The Garden” as a piece on form in modern music. I remember listening to this song many years ago and it still just has this haunting effect on me. Can you tell me more about it?

Dillon

• Jeff says:

Hi Dillon:

sorry this took so long! “garden” is a mythical piece about a guy who wants to escape. the metaphor is his garden, behind his house, tangled and overgrown, and the garden is beckoning him to simply “fall into the void”. black and white, and sweaty, and dangerous……………..lovely work by eman, now a hitmaker LA producer, on guitar, and jeff victor on keys………..did you get “bomb”? if not, give me your address, i’ll send it to you. I think you’d like “saved” quite a bit……………JA

10. Dillon says:

Jeff,

Sorry for the equally long awaited reply to your reply. Thanks so much for the reply. It was very helpful. Good to hear from you. I actually don’t have either album. If you would like, send me an e-mail and we can coordinate mailing if you offer still stands. My e-mail is dillon_r_hill@yahoo.com.

Again, thanks for the help. I still listen to the song frequently and find a lot of good thought in it.

Dillon

11. Jarrette Mankin says:

Jeff – A BIG thank you for the cd’s I received in the mail today! I’ve listened to some of September, and really like what I hear. That was very generous of you of to send the music, and your note was very thoughtful. I will start spreading the word more of your music and your talent to as many as I can.

Take care, and stay warm with some brutal winter weather/wind chill that is affecting you guys in Minnesota. You definitely warmed my spirits today with the music! Jarrette